When it comes to a “bad deal” Chris Christie should be an authority. He’s engaged New Jersey in so many.
· * Lost $400M Federal Education grant due to shoddy paperwork (and then of course blamed the Education Commissioner)
· * Rejected the Arc Tunnel Project (about $240M which would have helped to cure the transportation morass in NJ and would have provided thousands of jobs) and then stole the money to balance the budget.
· * Spent $24M for a “special election” to bolster his political standing in the upcoming governor’s race
· * Ballyhooed a Pension Reform deal and then backed out when the time came to make good
· * Spent $7M for a lawyer pal to write him an excuse in the Bridgate Scandal
· * Settled (is trying) to settle with Exxon Mobil for a pittance while accepting large contributions to the RNC
· * Used Sandy funds for advertisements including his political promos
· * Hired an inept company to oversee Sandy funding and then fired them with a $33M payout
Yes - when it comes to making shitty deals for New Jersey citizens - he does know his stuff!