Responding to the ridicule of teachers and the teaching profession by politicians and self proclaimed "experts"!
"Where is Albert Shanker now that we need him?" - Walt Sautter

Saturday 12 November 2011

Why I started this blog

I just got an email from Michele Rhee the head honcho at "Students First.org" and it pissed me off. I just had to respond and I did so on their request for donations page. Here's what I wrote.


"I think your "reform" means villianize teachers, teacher unions and anything about the system that has successfully educated American 
children for decades!
How do you expect children to have any respect for teachers when they are constantly demonized and disrespected by groups such as yours.

Instead of constant derision, why not try to promote a better public attitude towards learning and teachers (such as currently exists in many Asian countries) and see if that will help?"

I think that organizations such as these or their benefactors see a lot of money to be made by privatizing public education. I am quite sure that is one of their prime motivations.
I would like to hear your opinion and experiences with groups such as these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?