Responding to the ridicule of teachers and the teaching profession by politicians and self proclaimed "experts"!
"Where is Albert Shanker now that we need him?" - Walt Sautter

Saturday 24 October 2015

There's Gold In Them There (Charter) Schools !

I had a conversation with a friend the other day about the "non profit" status of professional sports leagues such as the NFL, NBA and MLB and their accumulation of tax free monies which then pay gigantic salaries to the head honchos . Eventually, the conversation became one about charter schools and their "non profit" status. I was quick to mention that I won't be surprised if the same might be true in the case of charter schools as it is in pro sports. Thus I went to the Internet and found two eye opening articles which validated my suspicions.

  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alan-singer/charter-school-executive-profit_b_5093883.html

  https://greatschoolwars.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/eic-oct_11.pdf

Here are some excerpts from those articles:



1 comment:

  1. Cool article! Thank you for it. On this resource, I usually find cool posts for teachers and students. As a student, I find lots of cool recommendations to facilitate my academic process. For instance, recently, I have found a post about services that produce hypothesis dissertation chapter for UK students. Youwill never believe it but I needed it soooo much. That's why thank you for this resource too and I hope it will only prosper.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?