Responding to the ridicule of teachers and the teaching profession by politicians and self proclaimed "experts"!
"Where is Albert Shanker now that we need him?" - Walt Sautter

Saturday 15 February 2014

A Great TD Play (Tax Dodge) !

Sometimes, I write this blog and afterwards feel that I may have been a bit too cynical. 
I wrote "The Big (Con) Game" on February 6th and then I read the article below on February 14th. When I see an article like this one I realize that my fleeting pangs of  remorse are totally unjustified. I should have been even more scornful. I wasn't cynical enough.
And then here's another scam pulled especially on NJ taxpayers by our "non profit" friends at the NFL (points after so to speak).
"When New Jersey landed this year’s Super Bowl, it gave the National Football League a major tax break. The state agreed to suspend the sales tax on all tickets and parking for today’s big game — a gift that will cost the state $8 million in lost revenues, officials said."
By Ted Sherman/The Star-Ledger 
Email the author | Follow on Twitter 
on February 02, 2014 at 7:30 AM, updated February 02, 2014 at 7:36 AM
The word "landed" is beautiful because NJ is the one that got "landed" like a sucker from the bottom of the Passaic River !
Now our Governor tells us that  New Jersey doesn't have the money to make the promised pension payments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?